Saturday, June 30, 2012

Charm

This was my first time playing with Zentangles and a lot of fun.  I started with a quote and then played with interpreting the letters in different forms and colors.  Although I am not thrilled with the end product (approx. 12" by 17") this piece was all about the process for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  After learning a little about zentangle I wanted to see how it would interpret in thread and free motion.    The biggest surprise for me was when I when I went back and outlined all of the finished letters in the heavy variegated thread that I had drawn all of the initial lightweight thread colors from.  It totally changed the look of the piece.          Ticia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this different take on the challenge Ticia. Very soft and pretty, the colors and designs go perfectly with the quote :-)
Very nice.

Jan said...

Lovely piece and super for your first time with Zens. Great colors and quilting!