Saturday, June 02, 2012

It Was A Musical Year


"When I'm 64" is a great little song, full of visual imagery. I chose these lines from the first stanza:..."Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?" I love the whimsy of this song! Anyway, the background is a collaged mishmash of acrylic paint, ink, torn wrapping tissue and pattern paper. It also has a layer of textured organza fused over the top. All the other elements are layered and fused. The label on the wine bottle is zentangled; both the bottle and wine glass have acrylic painted details. Note the date on the neck of the bottle - appropriate, don't you think?!
My quilt measures 19"w x 21" and hasn't yet been quilted because I am about to run out of time - the hubby and I are leaving for a Mediterranean cruise in less than a week!

2 comments:

Pam Harris said...

Wonderful interpretation of the challenge. Looks like 1964 was a great year! I like the texture of the champagne bottle and zentangle label. The shading on the glass realy
adds dimension. Great quilt.

Tobi said...

Since both dh and I have passed that 64th birthday since 2011, this song has been in my mind and he did indeed receive a valentine and more than one bottle of wine! The zentangle looks just right for the wine label.