Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Om

As a practicing yogini, Om is a big part of my life:  the universal and complete sound we use in chanting practice.   I've played with lots of Zentangles, I have a whole notebook full, but for this challenge, I added the text of the Sanskrit character and went from there.

I used a variety of sharpie markers (cuz I did this one at work!).... love the meditative quality of doing a zentangle.... someday, I'd like to take the class and teach others how to do this drawing meditation.

Comments, of course, are welcome.  Great challenge, Meena!  (PS I have a stash of black and white prints... one of these days I'll actually make a zen quilt!).

2 comments:

Meena said...

The Om done in a solid black sets off beautifully against the lines, curves and patterns of the zentangles.Great job!

Unknown said...

Very nice Wendy! I can't wait to see the quilt you make from all your black and white prints someday!