Monday, December 23, 2013

Butterfly Mobile


When I saw the mention of butterfly mobiles I got excited and inspired.  The first butterfly took 4 days.  I used florist wire for the stiffening.  Unfortunately, it is not strong enough to do what I wanted.  I have already made wings for 7 more butterflies.  Not sure how I will handle those.  For now, I hope you can imagine the movement.  Because they are so light weight, it takes very little to set them in motion.  That is my favorite LIKE about this project.

2 comments:

Meena said...

I can feel the movement.. great job!

Marilyn Wall said...

Ann these are beautiful. I have often use florist wire in my butterfly wings but they are partially sewn down. It works well for that purpose. Perhaps a stronger wire would work to hold the structure secure.

I love that you chose to make a free standing, or in this case, free hanging piece of art for this challenge. Beautiful.