Wednesday, April 02, 2014
When I first read this challenge, I immediately thought that it would require a gradation dyeing, but knew that one week just wouldn't give me enough time to set up the wet studio that only exists around here in summer. ( We still have huge amounts of snow and freezing temperatures). Then I remembered that I had some remnants from grey and black gradation dyeing I did a few years back. However, I could only come up with a range of three that worked together. So, I added black and white, even though neither is really part of a true grey scale. However, it still needed more. Since the grey I had, appeared to have a very slight shaded teal undertone, I used the red-orange as a complement, and think it works fairly well together.
The piece is 12" by 12"