Sunday, August 03, 2014

Window with Flowers

Aug. 19, 2014  I've done a bit of enhancement to Window with Flowers: beads and a bit of foil in the flowers, and some fabric paint to add the clouds in the window.  I tried using deColourant to change the blue to white, but it brought out a bit of yellow instead.
---------------------
21½" x 21"

I have a set of five fat quarters which are different colorways of the same pattern, and I finally got to use four of them!  Normally I would cut leaves and flowers individually, going with the patterns on the fabrics, but for this project I folded and cut several at once, using the little pieces between the cuts for the stems.  I chose a dark green thread to satin-stitch the leaves and stems in order to give them better definition.

The bright red fabric (the source of tomatoes in an earlier Fast Friday piece!) pushed itself forward as the unlikely background, with the blue fabric becoming window panes.  I quilted lines in the lower part to indicate a table surface, and lastly, added a few dead leaves around the flower pot.

Thank you, Lisa, for a fun challenge.  Comments welcome as always!

1 comment:

Catherine Lewis said...

Love this cheerful piece Tobi! I would love to have red walls in my home so this strikes a chord in my color loving soul, and really like how the flowers came out