Sunday, February 24, 2008

My World



"My World" came to mind when I saw a spam headed "your world" and started thinking about what my world would like like if I were its designer. I had a great time grabbing scraps that already had fusible web and laying them on a circle until they pleased me. Then I satin-stitched them and free-motion quilted over most of the piece using mostly metallic threads. The piece is approximately 15" across. I've never made anything circular so I simply faced it and stuck it on a piece of foam core.
As always, I will appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

Betty Donahue said...

What a beautiful world you live in.
Betty

Unknown said...

I agree, a very beautiful world :-)
Cathy

Joni said...

Roberta,
This is a very stunning world! I love your colors and the way the forms swirl over the surface of the globe. Lovely! Joni

Kathy Angel Lee said...

I'd like to live in your world. It's wonderful.
Kathy Angel Lee

Cay Denise said...

Roberta, "Your World" is beautiful! There is so much flow to it. The piece is a wonderful abstraction on the circular shape! It is filled with fire, softness, movement and freedom. Out of curiosity, what do you think about it?

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Cay - what a great question! I sat and looked at the piece and here are the words I wrote down: rich, flowing, cohesive, inclusive, edgy, changeable, imperfect, vibrant, pleasing. It is interesting to me that these words are a combination of how I see myself and how I wish the world would be.

Thanks for making me think more deeply about this little work. Now I want to do more with it - find a good background or decide it is finished and figure out how to hang it. You've just rescued it from the closet.

Roberta

Karen Markley said...

I love this piece. It reminds me of beautifully lacquered and painted wood pieces you see in a museum. And it has a sense of being 3 dimensional. Well done.