Sunday, February 24, 2008

Zwonko


The spam I used was "Create your own free Zwinky". I had no idea what a Zwinky was but the word intrigued me and I knew that was the one I wanted to use. I did a search for Zwinky and found out they were cute little cartoon smileys -- so, meet Zwonko (I wanted to change the name so as not to violate any copy rite laws). After I chose her name I used one of my dolls as a model. Except for her hair everything was done on the machine. I thread painted her. I also decided to trapunto her to give her some dimension. The size is 10" x 10-1/2"
I love this group. I have done so many things that I would not have done otherwise...Betty

2 comments:

Joni said...

Betty,
I like your little Zwonko,very cute! This bit of spam got my attention too, so look for her sister to show up in a few days. Did you create a Zwinky on the website to see how it works? I'd love to know what you used for her hair. Joni

Cay Denise said...

Betty, I've never seen that kind of spam, and I applaud your willingness to explore the sound of a word and express a created one through fabric! Your thread-painting effect comes across very nicely, and Zwonko has great hair!