Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nightride and Sunrise


Nightride and Sunrise...a curvelinear abstract 11"x14"

The background was cut in pieces from a black and white 'curvelinear' fabric, then black bias strips stitched between the pieces. I must have cut a million little tiny pieces (OK, maybe a slight exageration, LOL ) of holographic metallics, fancy fabrics etc., whatever scraps I had from previous endeavors...I have plenty of those! I fused all the little square in a square bits, hand stitched with gold metallic and applied lots of Swarovski crystals. I appliqued it to a black backing, quilted it then stretched it on an 11x14 gallery wrapped frame.


I had a great time with this one Janice...Thanks for the challenge. I have already designed 5 more small pieces in this series (although I am seriously considering doing this one again only LARGE) . I want to try to use a different technique in each one if possible.


Your comments are gratefully recieved...

Cherie

6 comments:

Joni said...

Cherie, this is stunning! I love the choice of background fabric and you little embellished squares really are places well to work with the background. I'll bet it looks even better in person with the crystals sparkling.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Thank you Joni
Yes, the sparkly fabrics and crystals really don't photograph very well...it's definitely full of bling
Cherie

Julia in NZ said...

Cherie

I didn't realise that the background wasn't just a printed multicolour till I looked at the close up! But that just confirms the success of the composition. I bet it looks great in the flesh with all the embellishments.

janice pd said...

Nice job as usual! I like the way you engage the edges of the piece and take some of your lines outside. That really helps give the feeling of flying into space. Perfect for this challenge.

Jan said...

Love this abstract piece! The fabric really adds to the effects.

fastfriday said...

As always perfection

Pat Havey