Monday, February 28, 2011

Waterfalls


Thank you for this challenge. Being a non-art school person, I have learned so much from participating.

My favorite techniques seem to be mostly all fusing and this is definitely FUSED and fast. I am in the midst of three other challenges but wanted to try this one.

My sewing skills have not caught up to my fusing skills but I think it does show the use of curves to define distance and depth.
It is about 10 x 12. It was fun. Comments always welcome.

Carol

Sea Ranch, California

10 comments:

Joni said...

Oh!!! I love your waterfall. It's hard to believe this piece is flat, your sense of depth is so real. Beautiful!

Cherie in Del Mar said...

This is stunning Carol! It is perfect for this challenge, and just as right for last months trompe l'oiel.

Cherie

Julia in NZ said...

Carol

This is brilliant. The 3D and curves work so well to convey the moving water, yet it is a perfect abstract as well. The balance and contrast are also well thought out. Excellent job.

janice pd said...

Great job! You nailed the challenge. Beautiful piece in it's simplicity.

Linda Mac said...

I am also a "non-art school person" and I love this piece. The change in color of the waterfall from the bright top to the darker bottom really brings it to life. Did you hand dye the fabric?

FoulkeArt said...

The illusion of depth is amazing! What a beautifully designed and crafted piece! Wonderful colors, too!

Jan said...

This is lovely!

fastfriday said...

Carol I think this is the most interesting piece I have seen. Your quilting enhances the movement of the falls so well. Beautiful!

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

Carol, this is unique, balanced, beautiful. Well done!

Ticia Wicks

Unknown said...

I love the shading, the clean lines AND the following of the curvilinear perspective. The rhythm works well..and it is balanced. You hit all the design concepts as well as the theme. Well done!