Friday, November 30, 2012
I got the idea for the design while cleaning. My hanging chair had the cushion I made ~ 40 years ago. Then it blended with my colors; now it was an eye sore. Because of my tedious construction method, I spent three days working on this before I attempted the cording. Unfortunately, I did not check the fit before I added the cording. This is the first time I have ever attempted cording. It took me one lone evening. As you can see, it is still not finished. I'm adding it to my pile of UFO's so that I can return to my bed quilt project. If each of us made just one bed quilt for Sandy victims, we could cover half of the families. These are going to the folks who have lost everything. I think they need a bed quilt a bit more than I need a cushion.