Monday, June 03, 2013
I seldom include letters or words in my pieces, but the challenge called for them, hence, Pouring T, quite literally! I tried cutting the letters out from fabric, but since I was unwilling to sew all around the edges for each letter, I tried out a technique that came through Joggles.com recently. They had a video of printing using adhesive foam and pieces of foam core for printing, and since I always have loads of foam core scraps, I gave it a try. The printing came out a bit light, but I filled in the T's with the same marker I had used for ink, and outlined the H2O steam and felt satisfied with the result.
At first, I was going to crop the kettle, but it wanted to be included in its entirety -- though it didn't want to have a handle!
Thanks, Ann, for a fun challenge. I welcome any comments.