Saturday, June 02, 2007

Squeaking in under the wire!








I finished in time! Barely..lol Anyways, the first photo shows the original white Kona ready and waiting to be transformed. The 2nd photo is my inspiration piece....one of those online "answer a few questions about yourself and we will make a painting that reflects YOU" things. I loved the painting they produced and said that someday I would recreate it for use as a wallhanging. What better time than now?
The 3rd photo is my version, slightly different, but not enough to matter! It is still VERY wet, but it will have white binding, not sure of the quilting yet, I didnt water the paint down too much so it may be hard to quilt, I may just do some tacking here and there,,or maybe not, have to wait and see how it dries.
I used acrylic paints, most for fabric, some not and water. Might do some beading when it is dry, not sure yet. I DO know that in the blue space, bottom left I will be putting my name in Japanese and maybe somewhere to the right the symbol for "hope"...seems to fit the "feel" of the piece.

3 comments:

Delta said...

Both the original and your take on it are great. I might add a shot of the fuschia if it was my piece, but that's about it. You said that's a computer generated picture? What website did it come from?
Considering the simplicity of the picture, I'd go for minimalist quilting that was relatively unobtrusive I think. Keep the clean lines and don't do anything to detract from it. Sewing through acrylics really isn't hard either. I use a smaller needle to keep from having holes in the paint, but it can be steamed from the back if they show up anyway.

Unknown said...

http://www.createpaintings.com/ is the website that the original picture was from. I agree with the fuschia and also it needs more purple, and the white grasses tended to blend right in so need to put them in again now that it is dry!
I was thinking for the quilting I would use matching thread and follow the lines in some areas, like the white, the thin purple, the grey slashes...just enough to keep it together :-)
Thanks for the tip on the steaming!

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Cathy, how fun! I'm going to try out the createpaintings.com site. Do each of the elements have a specific meaning? The original uses cool colors and your piece is much warmer looking. I think some bright color touches are a good idea, too. Great job! Try a sharp or metallic or topstitch needle in a smaller size like 60 or 70 to minimize the quilting holes.
Great job!
Cynthia