Friday, August 31, 2012

A Plethora of Grapes

I went through many ideas before coming up with this one.  My piece is done on canvas and is approximately 16"X 20".  The grapes are made from a combination of fabric, deli paper and watercolor crayons and then stitched.  The big leaf on the upper left side is made from a paper bag and the leaf in the lower right hand corner from deli paper.  The small little stems are painted with acrylic paint and water color pencil.  Since I want to hang this as an art piece I backed my piece with felt to frame it, instead of using stretcher bars as was my original plan.
Thanks Ann for the great challenge!

5 comments:

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

Hi Deborah, I find your work really elegant, it remind me the Autumn is at the door and I imagine it hung in a tavern with wooden ceiling.

ann said...

GREAT! I really like the movement in the design. Love the raw edges.

fastfriday said...

Good use of a variety of found materials. The leaves are all so individual this way. Beautiful job.

Pat Havey

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

Nice work, Deborah. It has a very modern feel to it, I think because of the symmetry of the grapes. What if you were to angle in the main stem, instead of it being perfectly straight? The variety of color makes this an exciting piece.

Tobi said...

Nice composition here; I like the different shades of color in the grapes, which certainly serve as the repetitive element.