Friday, June 29, 2007



This photo does not do justice to my little quilt! The idea here was to portray a day at the beach, where no one wants to enter the water. I used tissue paper, angelina fibers, heated and distorted chiffon, and text from an old book. That blackish blob is also chiffon but like the angelina, it just doesn't photograph well. The edge is finished with decorative yarn. I will probably add some beads and other doodads to give it more personality. Maybe you would all like to come to CA to see and appreciate it in person - LOL!

Ann In Walnut, CA

2 comments:

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Ann - I didn't quite "get" your piece until I looked at the closeup with the bits and pieces of the books and the Beach Closed sign. Your work does a good job of getting across the feeling of a stormy day at the beach with choppy waves and ominous sky. I like the bit of gleam the angelina adds.

Roberta

Tina Marie Rey said...

I love the edge treatment you chose as it emphasizes the feel of the piece. What if the area with the beach closed piece was more incorporated into the movement of the water, and wasn't so rounded? Or maybe some more of that fabric scattered to help keep pulling your eye around. Very affective use of embellishment on this piece. Very well done!