Friday, July 10, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

20" x 17"

The pumpkin fabric was the spark for this piece, conveniently printed in orange and green, as also the two leaf prints, but adding purple seemed a bit forced at first. I had the light patterned fabric for the background, and dark purple for the tree trunk, but it took a trip to Jo-Ann's to find the right textured purple fat quarter which I cut and put on top. The vegetable "rising" out of the green leafy patch is an artichoke, which I had cut out but was not going to use, but somehow it fell into place.

This challenge seems to have broken the creative log jam that has kept me from the last three -- it feels good to be back in gear!

Since I was away when this challenge was posted and only got the e-mail a week late, I regard this as technically a Fast Friday piece completed within the time frame!

2 comments:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Hi Tobi...good to see you back :-)
This is such a fun piece! I think you nailed the texture and the color!! Nice job
Cherie

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Tobi, so glad to have you back and fun to see your distinctive art quilts again. I really like the textured stylized tree with it's big leaves...and the colors look great together.
Cynthia