Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Fun Fungi finished size 17 x 25.
OK after looking at fungi pictures - which grossly revealed lots of foot fungus - yuck - I like the round shape - I make it abstract. I decided on a split complementary color scheme of blue-violet, orange and yellow. First I attempted more organic oval shapes - but they weren't looking too good - I then sewed in yellow circles but didn't sew in the orange - I attempted some fancy orange thread work on the circles - but not looking too good. So I did faced funny pieced orange circles. I then quilted the background and found the yellow needed more so did some pebble quilting in the yellow circles.
So it didn't windup looking anything like fungus - but it was fun - and technique filled.