Friday, June 04, 2010

Pizza Hot Little Pepper/Button Mushrooms




I had two ideas for this challenge... my first thought was pizza and the other idea is still lingering... so...will have to make it too!! Maybe??? I used Cheryl Phillips ...Cut-around tool to cut my pizza and crust...fussy cut fused peppers and real buttons for the "button"mushrooms . Zigzag stitches on peppers, crust and cutting lines on pizza.

My other idea a deep purple/black background with metalic spider-webs and spiders...

deep in the woods. Three Batik mushrooms free-hand cut and leaves fused.. and some stamped leaves and silk leaves. Mushrooms quilted with metalic thread ..

raw edge finish with irregular shape.loopy stitch over yarn on edges

"DEEP IN THE WOODS"

5 comments:

Carole said...

The pizza looks good enough to eat! and I love the 2nd one. That deep purple/black.. so Royal, so majestic. And the shape is so suitable to the overall feeling, spiders and all... ooooh...
I can 'smell' the atmosphere.
Good job!

LAQuilts said...

I love your pizza! Such a cute idea.

The irregular border is lots of fun for the other piece.

FoulkeArt said...

I love your clever interpretation of "button" mushrooms. A very refreshing take on the theme!

janice pd said...

Janice I like them both! But I'm partial to the pizza, love your stylized button mushrooms. Nice job!

Jan said...

I LOVE your pizza! What a creative thought you had with this one. Even cut into slices. I also like the simplicity of your batik mushrooms. Perfect choice of colors to depict their usual dank environment. The addition of spider webs was creative, too. Nice job!