Thursday, June 03, 2010
This one was very hard for me. It took me five days to come up with an idea. I don't know how to do abstract on purpose and as as for the color I was trying for split complimentary but don't think I succeeded.
The background was a piece of fabric that I did some free motion quilting on. Added the brick wall, machine embroidered the tree on the right side.
The fungi in the bottom left hand corner is supposed to represent the leaves that are piled up in the corner of my house. The 3 Creative Studio's tip of the month was painting with Shiva paintstiks. I used that and scrunched it up for the fungi then I added drops of white paint for snow since there was snow on the original fabric.
It is 15 inches square.