Thursday, March 25, 2010
Today I posted my #42 FFFC...not too fast or on scheduel..I did make it all today..my photo does
not show the "real quilt".I could not pick up the black sparkled net "smoke" over the forest fire.
We went to Florida the day before this challenge was set...I had been snow dyeing black and red
acrylic paints for another project. I did not have time to finish the snow dye before we left home ...
so..I just poured off the melted snow and let the container sit in my laundry room.
I had crinkled up the fabric before dyeing and when I checked it when we got home the fabric was crinkled
and dyed black & red.
Perfect for manipulated fabric fire!!!With fabric glue and red metalic pieces I added
little strikes of fire... and sewed on some deer in the burned forest. The top blue skies and misty &
black trees. (My second thought was to make the sky bigger and put the fire into the blue and not
streight across)Too late!! Any way I quilted vertical lines and next added the sparkled black net for
smoke...hand stitched with embrodery thread. I cut the net bigger than the top and let it puff and
pleat as I sewed it on....I can't get the smoke to show on my photo.