Friday, March 26, 2010

Five Fancy Fish


I made this quilt in 2005. I made this to fit in the space above the window in our bathroom. I have since been commissioned to make more. You can see them on my website, here. This piece is 11” h x 42” w I used fun fabrics to make the fish with drawings of fish that I found on line and in coloring books. These are not fish that were cut from fishy fabric!!! Click on the quilt to see a larger photo. There is lots of beading and embellishment with fancy threads and stitching. Here is a detail shot.

I hope you all enjoy making an undersea scene as much as I did.

5 comments:

Pam Harris said...

The fun fabrics really add personality to your fish. Great underwater scene with lots of interest and texture. Thanks for sharing your gallery.

Pam

Jan said...

I like your fish and the variety of fabrics you used to create them. They seem to be happily floating around in an aquarium someplace oblivious to everything else just as fish are. Your water plants and other bottom life make for a great water piece.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

This is so colorful and happy. Love your pieced fish and all the embellishing ...especially the seaweed. Hope you get a chance to do a new one for this challenge. Would love to see what you come up with...Cherie

Gerrie said...

Thanks for the comments. I am currently suffering from a bad sinus infection and working to get pieces done for a show at the Japanese Garden here in Portland, so no underwater scenes for me. However, my head feels as if it is underwater!!

Kathy Angel Lee said...

What a colorful fun fish! Quilting really adds to this piece.