Saturday, March 06, 2010
Done. On time. This has been a fun challenge. Actually much of the fun doesn't show up on this piece. I got out some presser feet, tried pintucks, gathering, and pleating. It was great to explore these ways of manipulating fabric, but in the end, I did not use them.
Tree started with a gelatin monoprint. I added scrunched dark grey fabrics for rocks at the bottom - scrunched over fusible web. Then I reverse appliqued the moon under the tree. Appliqued the rock fabric and the moon using monofilament free motion zig-zag. Quilted with metallic thread.
Thanks so much for this challenge.
Any comments/criticisms are welcome.