Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sun Spots

 
 
The fabric is my own hand dyed from last summer. I started with a circle added spokes folded, twisted, and turned it to try to make some flowers and didn't like it that way so I laid it back down in a heap it didn't look too bad that way : ). We had an ice storm and lost power Thursday through Friday night I still didn't like it when the lights came on so yesterday morning I painted it with acrylic and gel meduium using a wine cork for the dark spots, I used the side of a wooden honey server to print the yellow marks ,and twisted up floral wire to stamp the green marks.

I quilted the heck out of it.I am still not crazy about it but I like it better now that it is painted. I may add some more spikes at a later date.

Not sure how I'll hang it but I can hang anything with my log walls without worry.

It measures about 3 feet by 3 feet.

Jacque Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Jacque, The surface designing you did with the paints is very effective. I like the color changes...it adds alot of interest. I think you're on to something with adding more "spokes"...it looks a bit unbalanced with the center being more heavy.

Very creative...I look forward to seeing your next piece, too

Cynthia

Jax said...

Thats it exactly Cynthia it looks unbalanced. I wanted to add the perfect orangy red spokes but don't have the color on hand. I am thinking of taking the spokes off ...keeping the circle and playing with the spokes.

Thanks for the insight!

laura west kong said...

Great job on the fabric painting and I like the way you folded over the spokes. I'd love to see it when you've added more.

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Jacque - This piece looks like fun - I like the way you kept adding paint to it until you had something you wanted to work with. For some reason it makes me think of a turtle that's all dressed up and ready for a night on the town or pond or whatever! Fun piece.

Roberta