Monday, June 01, 2009

On Point

Hi All,

"On Point" is approximately 8.5" x 11.625". As you know, if you have followed my blog for a while, I LOVE ballet. Now I'm just an observer and recorder, but I still love that mode of expression. I can still remember my first time in toe shoes. Surprisingly they really didn't hurt much. However, they were very awkward to walk in. I am continually amazed by the beauty and grace of ballerinas.

The size is to meet the requirements of the 'Little Gems' sale that will go on in August. The proceeds of this sale will go towards establishing a Guild Museum and Gallery in York, England. If interested in learning more, try this link.

http://littlegemquilts.wordpress.com/


So far they only have one quilt from the USA. Perhaps you might have time to make a contribution. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

5 comments:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Ann, it's gorgeous...love the muted gold with the pale purple, complementary but very subtle and pretty.
Great job!
Cynthia

Carole said...

Ann, this is great, a nice combination of color...
So glad, too, that you felt up to this!!

ann said...

Thanks for the complements. I thought the gold mixed with a bit of purple + white would be the neutrals; the purple being the color. The overlapping ties and legs met the other criteria. Obviously I found this a challenge.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Very pretty Ann...I think I hear the strains of "Swan Lake" in the background!
Cherie

Unknown said...

Lovely! So simple, yet elegant and very effective!