Thursday, November 22, 2007

Movement



This is a skateboarder. I think it is more like stop-motion than motion, but it was an interesting exercise. I decided to use the background fabric, as it expresses the tension I wanted to convey better than motion lines...Which way will she go now? (tis a she! I looked into female skaters a few years ago for a project I was doing.) I also chose vibrant fabrics to stand out from the background to express a bit of the excitement. I haven't backed it, but would appreciate advice for edge finishing.
Sandy in the UK

1 comment:

HockeyKitten said...

Well it's definitely stop-motion...she just hit a rock & the background fabric shows the shock & crash from hitting it. I can just imagine her tumbling over any second now. It's a great twist on the challenge. Very cool Sandy.
Christine S