Thursday, January 10, 2008
I finally finished my Ice quilt. I layered MistyFuse on white felt and then added swirls of organza and sheers. I dropped bits of Angelina on top and covered it with another sheet of MistyFuse. I quilted in waves using iridescent thread.
I made stars from two pieces of organza fused together. I cut these and then gently ironed the creases so they would be three dimensional. They pop out of the front of the quilt a little. I beaded them on the spines and then beaded them to the quilt. I added beads in a couple of the swirls to give it more interest and motion.
I freehand cut the edges with a rotary cutter and then couched a yarn to the edges. I'm not really happy with the edges. The ribbon didn't show up very well and the curves are sort of irregular.
Thanks for the great challenge, Tina.
by Quilt Artist LisaK at 1/10/2008 05:40:00 PM