Monday, January 14, 2008

Update: Tribal Fires 25.5"x51.5"



I finally finished quilting and binding my piece. I free-motion quilted with various cotton threads including some variegated. I kept the quilting fairly low-key, but there is a bit more texture than shows up in the photos (too gloomy here today to shoot without the flash). I added black piping (not sure if that is the correct term as there is no cording in it) and bound with the same orange batik as the background. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I think I might actually continue with the motif (could I actually be thinking of working in a series?!?)

Brenda

1 comment:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

It's beautiful! And I definitely think using that motif as a basis for a series would be wonderful.
Congrats on a fabulous piece!
Cynthia