Tuesday, January 01, 2008
After trying "fire" with my Lava Flow quilt, I decided that I should give "Ice" a try. I found some hand dyed fabric in my stash that looked a little like frost, and so I started with that as my background. I added whispy white yarn in swirly movements to make up the frost. To add a little more interest I found these hand crocheted snow flakes among my old Christmas ornaments... made by a dear old aunt - they seemed perfect so I stitched them on to my composition. It turned out to be a frosty window pane, simple but nice. It was alot of fun to do both aspects of this challenge, and was a very enjoyable experience. I also learned a little bit more about how to just let go and get on with putting the idea into reality.