Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicken's in my Willow Tree!





My inspiration for this FFFC#49 Challenge came from a conversation at breakfast with a group of friends. We were talking about willowtrees. Early in our marriage we had this huge willow tree in the back yard....at Night our neighbor's chickens would come and roost in the willow tree!!!



The new "Super 8".....this sounds like a quilt!!!



My life has been on the bumpy side for some time... my inspiration is there but, I just can't get

myself started. This whimsical quilt has been good for me...it's not quite finished..(I need to do a bit more quilting and the binding). I started with a night-time sky with/stars and sewed the moon into the background using Cheryl Phillips Cut-A-Round tool. Next layering the sky,batting and backing...quilting a serpentine stitch in both directions.the rest of the design was all fused and I painted around the chickens with Lumiere/pearl white paint.



I know I'm very late for this challenge.....I went on line and saw that the new challenge #50 is comming out this week!!!! Where did the time go....SORRY.....Janice Simpson

2 comments:

Anne Sonner said...

I love your quilt! What a great way to depict a fabulous story! Your fabrics are very fun.

janice pd said...

janice this is wonderful and fun. I like the cropped piece the best. Love that you used such unconventional prints on it. Late is better than not at all!