Monday, October 04, 2010

Challenge #48, Pam Clark


I posted the picture of this quilt, entitled, Metallic Hearts, some time ago, but couldn't find my instructions on how to post to the blog.

This quilt was inspired by a class I took from Linda Schmit (California quilt artist). It was a study in surface embellishment. Each heart used a different technique, but all the techniques used metallic threads or paints or foils. It also includes reverse applique, use of heavy metallic threads in the bobbin, etc. I learned a lot from doing it. I have my chiaroscuro project almost done. Congratulations to those of you who have finished Challenge #49. They are spectacular.

1 comment:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Hi Pam
I love your hearts, and that you assembled them creating a heart shape as well. Looking forward to seeing your challenge 49 work...
Cherie