Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Late and Still Uncertain!


This has been a great challenge, in an area I knew nothing about. There have been so many examples and so much to study about color fields and I still, like many others, don't feel I have a true understanding of color field. However, that also gives us the opportunity to interpret the challenge with our best guess!
I am so late and also so unfinished with this, but I'm hoping for a few helpful hints from you wonderful critique-ers. My leaves are semi-sheer and fused and I usually would just plop on some yarns and maybe some crystals, quilt the jeepers out of it and call it good! I think I want to aim at a little more sophistication this time, though. My first dilemna is that I can't even decide if I want it round or square!


I added a detail of the leaves, too, to show a little of the overlapping sheers and the little bit of sewing I have added already.



You have all done such inspiring work on this challenge...thanks for helping me to expand myself!

5 comments:

Sharon Robinson said...

My vote would be for the round version, I'm not sure why, though. I think the metallic thread adds another layer of interest, too.

Tobi said...

I'd say round also -- of course, I'm biased toward the non-rectilinear anyway! Or maybe, a shape that echoes the leaf shapes!

Pam Harris said...

I vote for a leaf shape. Nice colors and I like the layers of transparency with the touch of metallic. Good job.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I like the shapes in this piece, and I am thinking some kind of irregular finished shape might set those off. I particularly like those ghost leaves on top. But I was wondering if you added one more ghost leaf that was a yellow or green. It might, of course, do nothing or destroy the beautiful balance of shape you have here but might be worth a try.

Kathy said...

Thanks for all the good ideas. I do have some greens and some blue that might be useable for additional shapes if I change the scale of leaf....lots of ideas here for enhancing this...thanks again!