Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Merry X-mas 2006


These are fabric postcards that I made earlier this week. Unfortunately, the 3-D cardholder that was supposed to be my challenge entry has had a fatal mishap, & it is
beyond repair for the time frame of the challenge. I'm just glad the rotary cutter made contact with my work, & not my fingers. It was to be hung on the wall & ready to hold the tiny works of art I will be receiving from 2 challenge swaps that I am participating in for X-mas.
I hope you like the cards I made, I have more that I painted, stenciled, stamped, & glitzed, but they aren't dry yet. The ones in the photo are machine satin stitched, & echo quilted. My construction & edge finishing skills have greatly improved since my 1st donation of cards to FAFC, & I really enjoy making them. Here's wishing you all a very Happy Holiday Season, & thanks for the kindness you have shown to me on this new adventure of non-traditional works.

6 comments:

Roberta Ranney said...

Sonja - I'm so glad your rotary cutter didn't harm you - its hard enough to have it destroy your work. I think your postcards are a delight and I appreciate you sharing them with the rest of us. The cards are certainly going to give pleasure to those who receive them. Happy Holidays!

Roberta

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Your postcards are lovely. I just wish we could see your design for the postcard holder. Maybe if you are able to complete one you could post it for us?

Cherie

Linda Cline said...

Love your postcards. Your applique and quilting is

I was trying to figure out how you did that bottom left one. I thought maybe you had overlaid an organza pointsetta over a wreath, but it looks like the photo of the other two cards melded together somehow. A digital "double exposure" so to speak.

Glad your fingers are still intact. Would you be able to rescue your mishap on the card holder with some strategically placed applique?

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Sonja, Happy Holiday Season to you, too! If you finish your cardholder challenge entry later, we'd love it see it.

Cynthia

Sonja Threadgill Nelson said...

Thanks all, I will be trying to repair the wall hanging later this week, or just starting over as I need to get more peltex anyway, & a new exacto knife, since I have mis-placed mine.

laura west kong said...

I'm glad you're OK. I'm sure it was quite a scare. I'd love to see your postcard holder when you're finished.