Wednesday, January 06, 2010


As I confessed on Saturday, I cheated on my still life, which is now finished. I brought a can of Progresso Soup, with its red blue and green label, into my studio. As I started pulling out fabrics I came across 6 wonderful circles in pink, orange, gold, and purple. Then I happended onto a lovely pink moire and some other wonderful pieces in my stash of upholstery fabrics.

I was off and running on my quilt. It was quite a while before I remembered the can of soup. I did see a box of Fruit Loops that had all the colors I used but only after the fact.

Most of the fabric in this quilt were on the take free table at my guild. The circles were already layered and stitched just as they are. The orange border and the binding are organza. The background is a leftover from the Chuppa ( wedding canopy) that I made for my son's wedding.

The only thing I might still do is add some shadowing on the pot with paint and do some beading in the center of the flowers.

4 comments:

Joni said...

Brenda, I like your little still life! The colors are fun and lively, much like a fruit loops box. It's O.K. that it's after the fact, You had fun creating this and did a wonderful job. That's all that really counts.

Pam Harris said...

Very festive piece and in my color wave. I like that you used "freebies" and "leftovers" to make a pleasing arrangement. Nice Job!!

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Brenda - It is great how this piece just built itself! When you let yourself forget the inspiration it is apparent that you had a great time. If you make another piece along these lines you might consider background fabrics with a bit of pattern to add more interest. But this piece is quite jolly as it is!

janice pd said...

Hi Brenda, I see Fruit Loops or Fruity pebbles...nice work!