Friday, March 04, 2011

Breezy

Breezy by Laura West Kong



This may be the record for slowest ever FFFC quilt. Here's my quilt, Breezy, from challenge #1.

The batik petals are machine appliqued and the wool felt leaves are hand beaded and appliqued with rayon embroidery floss. Breezy is sashiko hand quilted with topstitching thread. At 15-½" x 33-½" there wasn't much chance of my finishing all that in a week, but I'm glad I waited to do it the way I imagined it should be. ... Now I'm a wiser Fast Friday quilter.

Breezy, detail

3 comments:

fastfriday said...

I love the simplicity of this piece. It has such a fresh fall feeling to it. Nice work

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

This piece gives me a feeling of being carefree and floating. Sashiko stitching is perfect for that!
Chris Predd

janice pd said...

Hi Laura! thanks for participating. I really like the composition with two of the flowers engaging the edge. I also like that the curved sashiko stitching really moves your eye through the piece.