Thursday, March 03, 2011

Challenge 54 Leafy Tropics

For this challenge I cropped a section of a photo I took at a botanical garden. The final piece is only 8 by 14 inches, I have it pinned here to a canvas which is the way I'll probably display it, altho I may cover the canvas with fabric or paint it. I layered the fabrics to create the leaves and shadows, satin stitched, quilted, and highlighted with colored pencils. Thanks, Janice for a great challenge, especially since I've been lost in the desert of no motivation and this got me working again at least for this piece! All comments appreciated.

8 comments:

janice pd said...

great job Chris! Love the curved lines of the veins to show depth on the leaves. Thanks for participating!

Linda Mac said...

Great sense of depth. Beautiful.

Julia in NZ said...

This piece works on many levels, abstract, texture, chiaroscuro. Excellent choice.

Jan said...

Wonderful way to show curves and depth in a natural way.

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

Really nice, Christine. Not only have you done a good job with the curves, your use of light to dark adds a great sense of depth.

fastfriday said...

good contrasts in light to dark to add perspective. Welcome back to the land of creativity. Great reentry!

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

thanks to all of you for your comments!
Chris Predd

Betty Donahue said...

Enchanting.
Betty