Sunday, March 06, 2011

Tangled

This Fast Friday Fabric Challenge was in some ways similar to last months challenge. I didn't want to do the same type of tangle, so this time I used fabric. My intent was to fuse it down and then do some free motion. Unfortunately, I used 'HeatnBond lite'. After bonding it, some of the pieces released, ie floated un-attached. Therefore, I edge stitched all the pieces down. Tough job because I did not want to cross over the wrong edge. This meant LOTS of stops and starts and therefore LOTS of work hiding those stops and starts.



Tangled

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This came out great, Ann! It really looks three dimensional. The shadows work so well. I wish we could see a larger, more detailed, image of it.

Meena said...

I love the way it leads the eye all through out the quilt.
Great!
Meena

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

I like this quilt!
I love how the tangled "ribbons" stands up in front of the background.

I'm sorry you've had problems with heat'n'bond. I use it without problems. I had un-attached pieces at the start then I've understood that I had to use a more hot iron.
I use iron at the max temperature.

ann said...

Thanks Orka,

I thought maybe my iron was too hot. I will try it again.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

What a lively piece! Of course, the colors contribute to the energy, but that quiet silvery blue provides a nice contrast to the other bold colors. And the shadowing really gives it depth. I am wondering how it might look if you trimmed it so that the two loose ends were no longer visible since those are the only ends you see. But I love its unpredictability.